Wow! this was another truly amazing week! I am sad I only have one more!
Because I was working on the same filing and organization project for the case study this week, my reflections will be similar..but here they are!!
1. What did you learn this week?
-This week I continued to learn about various mental illness, and how they are treated, among other things. I was able to hear about the current cases, and specifics on what works for different clients. I was able to also gain skills in research and organization, and how to take the first steps in creating a case study to show the work that a non-profit mental health organization does. This allowed me to learn about every aspect; from finances, to illness, to treatments, to how every day life is for someone living with a mental illness. Being around this all first hand, is amazing!
2. Did you like what you were doing?
-I could not love doing this anymore! I find everything I do in the office interesting, and intriguing. I am also seeing what it is like to be working in a office on a daily basis from 9-5. This is preparing me for something I will most likely have to do at some point later in life, and I am enjoying the head start!
3. Why do you suppose you were asked to do a certain activity?
-I was asked to do the prep work for the case study because it is baseline work that needs to be done. It is a big help to Windhorse that I am doing it because it is very time consuming and most of the staff here have very busy schedules working with the clients. By doing this I am moving along a process that would other wise take a very long time. Also, Sarah picked this for me because she knows that it is a way for me to truly be educated on the specifics of Windhorse and the therapy career path that I plan on pursuing.
4. Did everything happen as you expected it would or were there some surprises?
-There were not a lot of surprises this week. After last week, I am in a steady routine, and feel good and solid about the work I am doing. It comes naturally, and although I am learning a lot, and it is all still very new, there were not a lot of specific surprises.
5.How will you benefit from this weeks activities?
-This senior project will benefit me in more ways then I could possibly explain. As stated for previous questions, it is giving me a real life glimpse into the career I want to pursue. It is proving to me that this is in fact what I want to do. Although I don't want to be organizing case studies, I do want to be a therapist, and the staff and work I am doing and meeting at Windhorse are helping be truly realize this.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment