May 12th, 2009
posted at: 5pm
hours worked: 9am-5pm
Today was a very exciting and productive day for me at Windhorse! When I arrived at 9, Lindsay, Sarah Watters and I, had a meeting to discuss the project I was working on for them. I was able to understand the overall goal of it, which is to see if we are able to determine in a retrospective manner (doing fallow up when necessary) if there are any trends in treatment, looking at the medication when a client arived, and when they left, as well as if there was a change in function associated with this, and if hospitilazations occured before, or during Windhorse treatment.
I was now looking at the client files with a whole new perspective! Me and Lindsay sat down after the meeting and made a chart with the fallowing catagories: Client name, Status and Windhorse, Inital evaluation, Dr.(I am not sure if I can publish his name), Nursing forms, previous providers, review sheets, hospitilazation records, medications, discharge summary and dates, admit date, contact info, and other.
With a new system in place, it made the job more orginized, and clear to me. I was able to use the chart as a cheeck list, to know what I need to pull out for this study (and to record info) and what extra stuff can be filed away. Today was very productive, and I was able to feel good about the progress I made! ( I charted all clients with last names A- G today!!)
I am happy to have a clear understand of my objective for this project I am doing for Windhorse, and I look forward to the rest of the week!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment