Wow, I cant believe it is all over! my time at Windhorse has been truly life changing, and I know I will miss it a lot. I apologize for how similar this is to my other week reflections, but it is difficult because it was all the same file work, in preparation for the case study that will be finished up this summer.
1. What did you learn this week?
I have learned more this week, then I ever expected. My desk is back in the room where all the hub-ub takes place. This allowed be to pick up how things are for someone working in the field during a difficult situation. I saw how the staff would come together, to help one another overcome difficult situations with clients, and life. The Windhorse staff seems to work together as a big support system, therapists for therapist if you will, and this all happened right around me.
The information I have gained from reading, organizing, and pulling from the files, has also been beyond educational. It has taught me not only about Windhorse, but about how unique it is, and all the great qualities that make it stand out from other mental health facilities. I have learned about disorders, medications, and even the details about running a non-profit organization. I have learned new yoga poses, learned organization skills, and meet some amazing people. I have learned so much more, and I find myself struggling to put it into words.
2. Did you like what you were doing?
I simply loved the work I did for Windhorse. Every piece was amazing, I enjoyed every moment, nothing was ever dull. I will miss going into Windhorse every day, and will go back again without hesitation if given the opportunity.
3. Why do you suppose you were asked to do a certain activity?
I believe I was asked to work on the case study prep work because it will be a important, and valuable study. It could lead to good marketing, funding, and to show clients exactly the great work that Windhorse does.
4. Did everything happen as you expected it would or were there some surprises?
Everything happened as I expected this week at Windhorse, although I keep learning new things, everything was in a steady, nice routine.
5. How will you benefit from this weeks activities?
My mind, body, and life have been so enriched but not only this week, but my whole time at Windhorse. The list of things I will take away from it are endless. Some of the skill I think i have developed are organization skills, speed reading, manging a schedule, and new yoga poses. After this last week, I know for sure this is the type of career I want to pursue.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment